Speed dating glasgow Feri sex chat on line
This scene from an undivided back postcard is looking west along Sauchiehall Street from the Renfield Street intersection soon after the tramway had been electrified in 1901.
The premises on the right are not yet occupied by Lumley’s and the adjacent building with the newsagent would be completely rebuilt and refitted as the Salon Cinema by June 1913.
The Crown Halls next door were occupied by a firm of auctioneers and valuators. ) In this view looking west across the intersection with Renfield Street, part of Renfield Street United Free Church is visible on the left and, on the opposite corner, Lauder’s Bar is on the ground floor of the building and Lumley’s the sports retailer now occupies the other three floors.
And we have a good view of the magnificent tower and temple frontage of St. The Empire Theatre, 35 Sauchiehall Street Looking from the Empire Theatre diagonally across the intersection with Renfield Street was the Central Halls Building, a complex of offices, shops and a hall, designed by the architect James Thomson.
This picture shows the building when it was owned by the YMCA and it remained so until it was demolished in the late 1950’s. ) This mid-1920’s view of Sauchiehall Street looking west was taken near the Renfield Street intersection.
In the foreground is the entrance to the Lyric Theatre located in the YMCA building and there are businesses all along the frontage, including a branch of A.
The Central Halls Building, housing the Royalty Theatre, is on the left of the picture and the magnificent tower of St.
John’s Methodist Church can be seen further along the street.